Popcornmonsters.com

Your place for Movie Reviews, Movie trailers, and Movie Posters. Staff and user movie reviews as well as the latest trailers and upcoming movie information.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Girl, Interrupted Movie Review

In honor of Popcornmonsters.com actor of the week, we have a review featuring Winona Ryder.


Girl, Interrupted Movie Review by agga924.


Buy the Movie Poster for Girl, Interrupted

Girl, Interrupted is based on the book which is written by Susanna Kaysen. Susanna Kaysen's book is based on her two year stay at a psychiatric hospital.
I first saw this movie on TBS. Not knowing what I was watching, but familiar with the faces of the actors (Angelina Jolie, Winona Ryder, Whoopi Golberg, Brittney Murphy etc.) I decided to watch it. Just from the entrance of the movie I was grabbed to see it. It seemed very interesting and I wanted to know what would happen next.
Girl, interrupted is the experiences Susanna Kaysen went through. She was admitted into the hospital after a twenty minute appointment with a psychiatrist. In this movie she is torn because she is not sure if she belongs there. One question that pops up a lot is if she is insane or sane. She ends up making friends in the hospital. Seeing the different girls, made a different world to her. Girl, Interrupted is not just a drama but is written in a way which adds humor to the movie. It is very interesting and has a value that makes you watch it over again. As you know, well if you didn't know Angelina Jolie won four awards for her performance in this movie. One award including an Oscar(best supporting actress).
After seeing Girl, Interrupted I wanted the DVD. I got the DVD and once I watched it, it was more interesting to me. Of course on tv many scenes are cut out. After seeing the movie I bought the book. This movie helps you realize certain things about life that you didn't before.
GIrl, Interrupted I wouldn't say is a family movie, of course it is rated R. It is a movie you will some way be able to relate to. It would be easy to say that this movie is a female version of One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, but it is more than that. It has the truth of the outside world. If you haven't yet, I recommend you pick up a copy of Girl, Interrupted and watch it. If you liked it as much as I did, you should also buy the book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home